70 mm galvanized steel is commonly used in construction due to its numerous advantages. This specification explores the mechanical and chemical composition of this type of steel and highlights its benefits in construction applications.
1. Mechanical Composition:
– Tensile Strength: 70 mm galvanized steel exhibits high tensile strength, which allows it to withstand significant loads and pressures without deformation or failure.
– Yield Strength: This type of steel has a high yield strength, meaning it can resist permanent deformation under applied stress, making it ideal for structural components in construction.
– Elongation: 70 mm galvanized steel has good elongation properties, enabling it to stretch and bend without cracking or breaking during construction processes.
– Hardness: This steel possesses a desirable level of hardness that ensures durability and resistance to wear and tear.
2. Chemical Composition:
– Carbon: The carbon content in galvanized steel is typically low, enhancing its strength and corrosion resistance.
– Manganese: Manganese is often added in small quantities to improve the strength, toughness, and hardenability of the steel.
– Phosphorus and Sulphur: These elements are typically present in minimal amounts to maintain good weldability and machinability of the steel.
– Zinc Coating: The galvanized layer on the steel surface provides exceptional corrosion resistance, protecting the underlying steel from rust and prolonging its lifespan.
Advantages in Construction:
– Corrosion Resistance: The zinc coating on 70 mm galvanized steel acts as a barrier against corrosion, making it suitable for construction in harsh environments and ensuring its longevity.
– Strength and Durability: The high tensile strength and hardness of this steel make it ideal for load-bearing structures like beams, columns, and scaffolding in construction projects.
– Fire Resistance: Galvanized steel has excellent fire resistance properties, providing an added level of safety in construction applications.
– Cost-Effective: Despite its numerous advantages, 70 mm galvanized steel remains cost-effective due to its long lifespan and reduced maintenance requirements.
– Sustainability: Galvanized steel is 100% recyclable, making it an environmentally friendly choice for construction.
Overall, 70 mm galvanized steel offers several mechanical and chemical advantages that make it a preferred choice in construction. Its corrosion resistance, strength, durability, fire resistance, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability make it an excellent material for a wide range of construction applications.